Saturday, February 26, 2011

The New Newsblog

It's been almost a year since I posted to my old Livejournal blog, so I'll take that as a sign to try something new. I've relocated to Blogger, but I don't think I'll try to import all my old posts as this seems time consuming and difficult.

It's a clean break.

I've just spent the last year coloring backgrounds on Cartoon Network's "Batman: The Brave & The Bold" animated series. Fun because I was already a fan of the show when the opportunity arose, and I got to work with some great and talented people from whom I learned a great deal in the process.

Editors Scott Peterson and Michael McCalister at DC gave me the wonderful opportunity to work on their "Cartoon Network Action Pack" comic book series, beginning sometime last summer. Since then, I've done maybe 5 or so covers and a few interior stories. I'm working on a new one now. Mostly, these are "Ben 10" or "Generator Rex" stories. Very happy to be given this chance.

I recently started penciling "Curses, Foiled Again!", the sequel to last year's "Foiled" graphic novel from First Second Books, written by the incomparable Jane Yolen. I'm 20 pages into penciling at this point. About 140 pages to go, then lettering, then inking...

A couple other things in the works, some my own, some are exciting collaborations, but that's the general idea.

I've just posted some new things to the gallery pages at my website: mikecavallaro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment